[Arm-netbook] 3.0.8 kernel only detects 512 MB RAM on 1 GB device

steev en steevstevep at gmail.com
Mon May 14 20:09:38 BST 2012

I compiled the 3.0.8 kernel from
https://github.com/amery/linux-allwinner (lichee-3.0.8-sun4i branch)

It works and I can boot Ubuntu from a microSD (something I haven't
gotten to work with the 2.6.36 kernel), but only 512 MB of RAM is
detected.
My device is a Novo 7 Elf tablet, which has 1 GB of RAM.

I tried adding "mem=960M" to the boot parameters but that didn't seem to work.

Here is the dmesg output from the self-compiled 3.0.8 kernel:
http://pastie.org/3911365

And here is the dmesg output from the stock 3.0.8 kernel for my device:
http://pastie.org/3911434

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.