[Arm-netbook] u-boot MMC support

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Fri May 11 21:28:21 BST 2012

fre 2012-05-11 klockan 20:30 +0200 skrev Peter Steenbergen:

> Does the mele auto boot from MMC straight away

Yes. First priority boot source is SDCAR0, before internal NAND.

> I followed the "a10 MMC boot" page, but if I boot with the card I got
> no console and on the hdmi I see the mele android starting. This
> basically tells me the sd-card has not been touched/read

Then you did not write the SPL loader properly to the SD-CARD I think.

To verify you can find a snapshot build of my version of u-boot  at
http://www.henriknordstrom.net/code/A10/u-boot-mmc-hno-201203.img

just dump it to an SDCARD and it should boot to an u-boot prompt.

For doing anything meaningful you probably want to partition the card
and place system.bin and kernel uImage on it, just remember to start the
first partition at sector 2048 or other sufficiently large number to
leave space for u-boot & environment. The image only contains u-boot and
have no partition table at all. It's verified to boot on my A1000.

Regards
Henrik