[Arm-netbook] Bulding Ubuntu 12.04

Alexandru Stoian lgstoian at gmail.com
Fri May 11 19:52:30 BST 2012

Managed in the end to build Xubuntu 12.04 for the MeLE and got it to boot.
I now hit a very strange issue. got networking working , I'm connected over
wifi. I can use apt-get to update , install app , but the browser wont open
any page. Anyone has a clue about this.

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Henrik Nordström <
henrik at henriknordstrom.net> wrote:

> fre 2012-05-11 klockan 07:06 -0700 skrev Alexandru Stoian:
> > Well today I've been working at compiling 12.04  for the mele. First I
> > tried a prebuilt image for omap3. It booted and worked as Guest but I
> > couldn't find the default user and password. The usual ubuntu ubuntu
> > or ubuntu temppawd , nothing worked. Does anyone else has an idea what
> > they are ?
>
> Just boot with init=/bin/sh over serial console and set it to whatever
> you like, of access /etc/passwd from your favorite Linux box and replace
> the password hash with something you know (i.e. the hash from your
> account on the computer).
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Cthulhu approves this message!