[Arm-netbook] u-boot MMC support

Mike Thompson mpthompson at gmail.com
Fri May 11 19:49:18 BST 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Peter Steenbergen
> Does the mele auto boot from MMC straight away, or do I need to adb push the
> updated u-boot binary (#define CONFIG_MMC_SUNXI_SLOT 0)
>
> I followed the "a10 MMC boot" page, but if I boot with the card I got no
> console and on the hdmi I see the mele android starting. This basically
> tells me the sd-card has not been touched/read
>
> I thought that by default the a1000 will boot the u-boot from mmc is present
> or not?

My limited experience has shown that the Mele will attempt to boot
from the uboot that is installed on the SD card first.  If the SD card
is not present or if it is unable to load uboot from it, it will then
rollover and boot from uboot present in the NAND memory.

I haven't tried to build uboot myself, but instead I've just been
using the following dd commands to save and write uboot to the SD
cards I'm working with.  I started with the uboot that is on the
mele-ubuntu-lucid.img.lzma image file that is linked to from various
places.

# Read uboot from the SD card at /dev/mmcblk0.
sudo dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=mele_u-boot.bin bs=1024 seek=8 count=1008

# Write uboot to the SD card at /dev/mmcblk0.
sudo dd if=mele_u-boot.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1024 seek=8

Mike