[Arm-netbook] allwinner USB HOST errors

nikk gitanes tsynik at gmail.com
Thu May 10 09:09:41 BST 2012

10.05.2012, в 11:52, Henrik Nordström написал(а):

> tor 2012-05-10 klockan 11:33 +0400 skrev nikk gitanes:
>
>> Yes, Henrik. There is only OTG port on Ainol NOVO7 Advanced. Didn't find any testpoints on PCB for other
>> USB ports inside (
>
> Ok, so using a 3G dongle is a true mess then needing adapter cable.
>
> Why do they omit the USB host port(s) on devices like this? There is
> plenty of space to fit one, and the only components needed is connector
> + 2 channel (per port) ESD protection. It's odd, considering the Novo
> A10 product range is not targeting the ultra-low budget tablet.

True. Even more odd thing is any 3G modem in tablet OTG port flooding dmesg with NAK timeout messages
from host driver, so it's suffering during 3G operation. I need to comment line 2300 in sw_hcd_host.c:

DMSG_PANIC("ERR: sw_hcd_host_rx, RX end %d NAK timeout(0x%x)\n", epnum, rx_csr);

			/* NOTE: NAKing is *NOT* an error, so we want to
			 * continue.  Except ... if there's a request for
			 * another QH, use that instead of starving it.
			 *
			 * Devices like Ethernet and serial adapters keep
			 * reads posted at all times, which will starve
			 * other devices without this logic.

to solve this.