[Arm-netbook] I've got my MeLe A2000 as well :)

Mark Wilczynski mark_wilczynski at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 03:19:22 BST 2012

> From: zuljin at go2.pl
> To: arm-netbook at lists.phcomp.co.uk
> Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 01:40:53 +0200
> Subject: Re: [Arm-netbook]	I've got my MeLe A2000 as well :)
>

> > Does anyone know if it can play ac3 or dts audio stream over HDMI connection?
> > Mp3 or aac stereo streams are ok, but it looks like 6ch sound is not send.
>
> I've checked this once again and it looks like HW decoders doesn't have support for ac3/dts codecs.
> When I switch MX Player to use pure SW decoders then sound is good, but unfortunately video is very choppy.
> Lack of support for such codecs in HTPC kind of product? Really? Not so good MeLe, not so good.
>
> Regards,
> Jarek

I don't think this is being marketed as a HTPC.  More like a low-cost, low-power PC for browsing weband streaming web videos (which don't use DTS or AC3).  The hardware could support those codecsbut they are not included because of license costs.  Most of the A10 tablets have better media support andthere are patches/hacks posted on the Chinese forums for adding DTS/AC3 support to Mele android.Even then, I think you will only get stereo PCM over HDMI and not the original bitstream for passingto a surround receiver.
You should be able to setup MX Player to only use SW decode for audio and do video decoding withHW acceleration.  If not, try BS Player.