[Arm-netbook] Mele A1000: SATA HD does not work

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Sat May 5 11:49:10 BST 2012

On 03/05/12 17:29, Barry Kauler wrote:
[...]
> I notice also, the a10_image page, mele_boot_part.cpio has mele.bin
> and mele_stock.bin in it -- what is the difference between those two?
> I tried both, it didn't seem to make any difference.

The wiki (which, although it only has about three pages on it is
*already* impossible to find things on --- any chance of at least having
an index page?) says that mele_stock.bin has ethernet support but no X.

However, I've tried it and ethernet doesn't appear to work. The symptoms
I see are that the MAC address for eth0 is gibberish and the link never
comes up (i.e. link LED never lights at either end of the cable).

I've got wifi working: it requires manually installing the following
packages:

    libdbus-1-3
    libnl-3-200
    libnl-genl-3-200
    libpcsclite1
    wpasupplicant

...and then adding a stanza like this to /etc/network/interfaces:

auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
    wpa-ssid "Your SSID here"
    wpa-psk your_key_here

│
│ "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by
│ stupidity." --- Nick Diamos (Hanlon's Razor)