[Arm-netbook] Mele/A10 Kernel

Alejandro Mery amery at geeks.cl
Tue May 1 13:35:31 BST 2012

El 01/05/12 12:55, Paul Kench escribió:
> Hello,
>
> Since I have had my basic CLI Mele running debian wheezy I have been
> attempting to build kernels with varying degrees of failure.

the only functional kernel for sun4i (allwinner a10) publicly available
is 2.6.36

> I have mainly been using amery’s repo on github, trying the 3.0 kernel
> and the 3.3.

the allwinner-v3.0-android branch there is (slow) work in progress,
usable after sighly tweaking the .config over serial console and ssh,
fbcon support is still incomplete and crashing on start. otoh
linux-3.3-sun4i only includes the core of arch/arm/mach-sun4i and it's
sole purpose was to get bare allocation, mappings and printk working.

Tom said Allwinner planned to release their closed 3.0.8+ tree and the
A10 specs these days. you may have better luck with that but be aware
they only implement what's needed to run android, nothing else.

best regards,
Alejandro Mery